Bright Arugula Spring Salad
A spring time arugula salad brightened with blueberries, red peppers, and hearty roasted brussels sprouts. Finished with fresh lemon, this arugula salad is filled with antioxidants!
large salad bowl
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts cleaned and quartered
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 zucchini thinly sliced into quarters
- 1 handful blueberries washed and dried
- 1/4 red bell pepper diced
- 2 slices red onion thinly sliced and halved
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese crumbled, optional*
- 1/2 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch fresh cracked black pepper
In a large salad bowl, place arugula and lightly toss with salt.
Top the salad greens with remaining vegetables, including roasted sprouts.
Before service, squeeze the juice of 1/2 fresh lemon over the greens followed by extra virgin olive oil. Lightly toss to incorporate. Finish with a crack of fresh black pepper.
- For a Whole30 compliant salad, do not include goat cheese.
- To make this a meal, service with grilled shrimp, chicken, or steak.
- For a quality goat cheese, try Vermont Creamery's Classic Goat Cheese log.
- Cheese note: Goat and sheep milk cheeses tend to be less problematic for those sensitive to dairy.
- Don’t forget to tag @Wholesome_Joy on Instagram when making this dish!