Incredibly delicious and ridiculously easy roasted sweet potatoes perfect for meal prepping, holidays, and gatherings! Roasted over night in your slow cooker or a few hours before dinner time, these slow cooker sweet potatoes are your new best friend for getting a side on the plate!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links will result in a small commission for me [at no extra cost for you], but all opinions are my own. You can find our full affiliate disclaimer here.Jump to Recipe
It is patio weather. It’s in the low 70’s with a light and consistent breeze, I am lounging in compression pants and a racerback, and I am totally sipping a homemade margarita. You guys, I know this is a slow cooker recipe but dang. It’s margarita season! I played with Swerve Sweetener and made a simple syrup and it may just be the best thing I have ever done. I absolutely loathe remade mixes filled with sugar. They taste like chemicals to me and though the taste fades the more you drink, they are still just crap.
I know we’re all getting tired of hearing about quarantine but I am deep into this joy. So much natural light, so much time not driving or sitting at a desk, and so much laundry soap not being used. I’m honestly excited to see where this takes us, work wise. I believe that it will shine the light on even greater work-life balance and the ability to still thrive in work from home. I understand not everyone respects the space but overall, if your work is completed to the same level as in “the office”, what does it matter if you’re home? On the flip side, Caleb quizzed me and then gave me my COVID Quarantine name… “Resourceful Chips and Salsa” [how you’re feeling right now plus the last thing you ate].
So, perhaps I totally get why we’re wanted back in the office. HAH.
Okay. Let’s talk sweet potatoes.
Slow Cooker Roasted Sweet Potatoes
I am a big fan of keeping roasted sweet potatoes on hand throughout the week. Even roasted, you can dice them up, crisp them in a skillet with fat, and add them to any plate. Or, you can easily remove the skin and mash! Talk about a transformation!
Slow cooker roasted sweet potatoes are as easy as it gets. Clean them, rub with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place them into a slow cooker set to low for 8 hours or high for 4. Once ready, they yield really delicious ‘taters! I like the slice them in half and use them throughout the week! Try stuffing them in the following ways!
Stuffed Potato Ideas using your Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and protein (sausage, bacon, chorizo, etc.) or with baby spinach, onions, and salsa!
- Lunch: Deli meat (turkey or ham), spinach, bell peppers, and a drizzle of ranch or any meat mixture, really.
- Dinner: Taco meat, bell peppers, and salsa is one of my favorite ways to stuff slow cooker sweet potatoes! Be on the look out for my Italian stuffed sweet potatoes later this month!
Still on the hunt for how to use these? I found this board on Pinterest with over 220 pins regarding stuffed sweet potatoes. It’s a gold mine.
Also, while you’re there, don’t forget to give me a follow!
How to Make Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
- Wash dry your sweet potatoes and place them into a slow cooker.
- Drizzle sweet potato with olive oil or a liquid fat of your choice.
- Season potatoes with sea salt and black pepper. With your hands, rub oil and seasoning all over the potatoes.
- Cook on “low” for 8 hours or on “high” for 4 hours.
More Delicious and Easy Side Dishes
What I Used to Make This Recipe
Slow Cooker Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- slow cooker
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Place potatoes into a slow cooker and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- With your hands, rub oil and seasonings over each potato. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.