Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links will result in a small commission for me [at no extra cost for you], but all opinions are my own. You can find my full affiliate disclaimer here.Jump to Recipe
This easy chicken fajita sheet pan comes together quickly in about a half hour and uses fire roasted salsa to add flavor to the juiciest chicken breast!
Fire Roasted Chicken Fajitas
We are fajita people. When dining out, we typically always opt for beef and chicken fajitas because they are protein packed, delicious when dipped in salsa, and are totally social!
These chicken fajitas are made with a roasted salsa, giving the sheet pan added flavor as if they were cooked traditionally. Out of the oven in 25 minutes, you’ll love stepping your taco night up with this easy chicken fajita sheet pan!
Chicken Fajita Ingredients
To make chicken fajitas, here’s what you’ll need:
Chicken Breast – you can use whole chicken breasts or cutlets.
Bell Peppers – 1 red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper, sliced!
Yellow Onion – you can use any onion of preference but I recommend yellow onion, sliced!
Roasted Salsa – you can make your own or press the “easy” button with jar salsa! For this recipe, I used the Herdez brand!
Lettuce or Tortillas – your pick! I like the crunch lettuce provides and if you go that route, I recommend romaine lettuce for easy folding.
Lime – all fajitas need a squeeze of fresh lime before serving!
Garnishes – Avocado, cilantro, cheese or sour cream [if that’s your thing]!
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Reduce salsa to a paste. To do this, pour 1 cup of salsa into a pot and bring it to a simmer on the stove. Then, reduce the heat to low and continue to stir until the moisture is evaporated and you’re left with a chunky paste.
- Start slicing! Slice you onion and bell peppers and place them onto a parchment lined sheet pan. Season with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Prepare the chicken. If you bought breasts, butterfly them. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Arrange sheet pan. Move the bell peppers and onions to the sides of the pan and place chicken in the center.
- Top chicken with salsa. Evenly spoon the salsa paste onto the chicken and smooth out.
- Bake and enjoy! Bake for 20 minutes at 400℉ then turn oven to “broil”. Broil sheet pan for 3 minutes. Slice diagonally and serve!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter!
Each Sunday during Sheet Pan January, you will receive a shopping list and sneak peak of the two sheet pans coming your way! I want to take the most work off of your shoulders. Subscribe below to begin receiving the goodies!
Check out with these recipe needs from Amazon
Fire Roasted Chicken Fajitas
- 1 cup fire roasted salsa such as Herdez's Roasted Salsa Roja
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast* butterflied
- 1-2 pinches sea salt
- 1-2 pinches black pepper
Other Ingredients [to serve]
- avocado sliced
- cilantro chopped
- romaine lettuce* [to act as tortilla] washed and ends trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place bell peppers and onion onto the pan, season with EVOO, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Move peppers and onions to the sides of the pan, leaving the center open.
- In a sauce man, bring salsa to a boil. stir to avoid salsa from sticking. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until the water has evaportated and the salsa resembles a paste.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken into the center of the pan. Spoon salsa paste onto the chicken.
- Bake sheet pan for 20 minutes. Turn oven to "broil" and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest/cool for 5 minutes. Then, transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice diagionally, perpendicular to the knife [turn chicken breast to the side, horizontially]