The calendar may tell us that Fall is here but in Texas, we meet the season a little later. Regardless of when the cooler air and color comes, I am sporting my darker wardrobe and activities right on time.
Texas Fall Bucket List
- Shop a local Fall Festival – One of my personal favorites in the Houston-Metro area is at St. Ignatius Loyola Catholic Church in Klein on October 5-6, 2019. This one is always fun for me as i tend to bump into familiar faces and it’s close to Vintage Park for lunch!
- Attend a High School Football Game – The week always ends a little better under the Friday night Lights, especially once the moon rises!
- Sip wine at Duchman Family Winery [Driftwood, TX] – Duchman is my most favorite winery of all time. It’s where Caleb and I married and the drive to the property is just beautiful. Plus, since we’re there, we might as well have lunch at Trattoria Lisina and stop by the other wineries nearby.
- Visit Palo Duro Canyon State Park [Amarillo, TX] – Palo Duro is located in the Texas Panhandle and is the second largest canyon in the United States.
- Host family and friends for College Game Day – Nothing brings me more joy than being able to host family and friends, even from our third floor apartment. I will have Caleb pour the cocktails while I stuff all of our guest with the favorite football must-have munchies.
- Have brunch on the patio at Mia Bella with my Mom – Mia Bella is my Mom and my favorite places to meet for dinner and brunch. The service is always great and the food is even better. Thinking about the season takes me back to all of the Saturdays she and I sat on the patio of our neighborhood Italian Restaurant sipping wine and sharing baskets of bread!
- Wurstfest [New Braufels, TX] – Nov. 1-10, 2019; What is better than German food and beer!? Our dear friends Matt and Lauren attend every year and by golly, this year we’re going!
- Run a 5k – Because all of this eating and experiencing needs a little balance! Plus, with most runs for charity, it feels good to be apart of something positive.
- Eat and drink at Ketzler’s Schnitzel Haus And Biergarten and visit Revolver Brewing [Granbury, TX] – I’ve heard Granbury is one of the cutest places in Texas and Revolver’s American Pale Wheat, Blood & Honey, is one of the tastiest beers! Sneaking away to visit the brewery in person and having dinner at Ketzler’s is exactly what the pumpkins ordered!
- Muertos Fest [San Antonio, TX] – October 26-27, 2019; This festival has forever been on my radar since having a Day of the Dead in 6th grade social studies. It’s a free, family-friendly event in one of the tastiest cities in the state. Plus, Caleb and I have never been to San Antonio together making this a great reason to hop in the car and go!
Now it’s your turn! Comment below and share one of your Fall bucket list items with me!