In 10 minutes, you can cook these chicken thighs while assembling a salad, popping a sweet potato into the microwave, sautéing zucchini, or… shall I keep going?
There’s a lot of meals that can be on the dinner table in 10 minutes and these simple skillet chicken thighs are just the start.
Don’t let that stop you though! These thighs are fantastic as a head start ingredient. You can batch cook them on Sunday and use them in other recipes throughout the week such as chicken tacos, chicken lettuce wraps, chicken-bacon-ranch casserole, and even chicken “spaghetti”, saving you time in the kitchen!
Simple Skillet Chicken Thighs
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fat (ghee, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.)
- 1 large skillet with lid
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Season both sides of the chicken thighs.
- Warm ghee in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Slowly and carefully add the seasoned chicken thighs, top down, to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip the thighs over, cover with the skillet’s lid, and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve with your choice of side.