Seriously obsessed. This beef and broccoli was perfect in it’s first take and by the third and final test/photo shoot.. I ate the entire skillet.
The best part? I was tempted to call this “Pantry Beef and Broccoli” because you probably have everything to make the sauce if you’re commonly in the kitchen cooking your bottom off on grain/sugar free recipes.
Second best part? I can totally see this being quickly thrown together on a Wednesday. The sauce can be made in advance and stored in your refrigerator and the beef and broccoli are so simple that you could easily add those to your meal prep for when you’re cooking other batch items for recipes.
Third best part? It comes to you in perfect time for your September Whole30 beginning this upcoming Monday, September 2nd! If there’s one thing I always try to capture when planning my W30 meals it’s “takeout food”. Sprinkling in the dishes we like to order-in, or out, makes the W30 Reset miles easier. Hence, why you usually see a huge increase in Mexican inspired recipes when we are full food focused. I just live for all the Tex-Mex!
You’re going to love this recipe and I am so happy to share it with you!
SUPER SIMPLE [WHOLE30] BEEF AND BROCCOLI
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 crown of broccoli cut into bite pieces
- 1 batch of "Stir-Fry Saucy Sauce"
Stir-Fry Saucy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch + 1 teaspoon water*
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, cook the ground beef with the diced onion. Once beef is fully cooked, reduce the heat to warm.
- While the beef and onion are cooking, steam broccoli pieces. You can do this quickly on your stove by combining the broccoli pieces and 3/4 water in a covered pot. Cook on medium-high heat until broccoli is fork tender. Strain the broccoli of excess water and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan on medium heat, combine all sauce ingredients except the arrowroot starch and water. Continue warming the sauce for about 2-3 minutes stirring/whisking often. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot and water and stir. Stir the white mixture into the sauce and continue stirring until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Assemble: Mix the broccoli with the beef in the skillet and pour sauce over mixture, stirring to incorporate