Last night, I sat staring at my dinner thinking “this needs something”.
Picking at my plate, I browsed Instagram where my friend, Tiffany, made a cilantro ranch dressing that looked killer! Quickly, I improvised and made the yummiest Jalapeño Ranch which not only saved the entire dinner, but was ready literally in less than 5 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did! This ranch is great to dress your salads, top your tacos and fajitas, dip your veggies, and even maybe your pizza!
5 Minute Jalapeño Ranch
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 inch thick wedge yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning*
- Remove seeds of the jalapeño to your liking and place the jalapeño, onion, garlic, and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil for about 2-3 minutes until the jalapeño has darkened slightly in color. Remove pot from heat.
- In a large mason jar or like container, combine the oil, egg, lime juice, and ranch seasoning. With your immersion blender ready, add the jalapeño, onion, and garlic to the jar.
- Begin blending immediately to avoid the egg cooking from the heat.
- Thin out mixture using the water from the boil as needed.
*Any ranch blend will work but for a homemade ranch seasoning recipe, check out this recipe from Real Food with Dana.