Nothing brings me more joy than having a crazy delicious dinner ready in 30 minutes. The only way we can have family dinner [at home] multiple times a week is if the meal is timely and uses minimal ingredients. As much as I love spending time in the kitchen, after 3 hours a day in the car commuting, I’m just not here for it. And, I know YOU are not here for it.
Therefore, I’m sharing a simple [crazy simple] recipe that will help you get dinner on the table and also leave your taste buds speechless.
40 Clove Chicken
You’re going to want to add this to your repertoire. Specifically to your meal prepping list and weeknight collection. Inspired by Alton Brown’s creation that uses an entire chicken, this variation is mindless and on the table in about 30 minutes.
Not to mention, the garlic.
Garlic is my jam, literally. I love to roast a bulb or two and spread those creamy little pockets onto fresh toasted sourdough bread and top it with fresh cracked pepper. Talk about a guilty pleasure.
40 clove chicken checks all of the boxes. It’s perfect for a weeknight dinner, makes me feel fancy with the gooey roasted garlic, and is 100% real food. Paired perfectly on a bed of arugula, alongside squash or roasted vegetables, this chicken is crave worthy.
How to Make 40 Clove Chicken
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350ºF and prepare the chicken thighs
Pat dry the chicken thighs with a paper town and season both sides with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Pan sear the chicken
In an oven safe skillet on medium-high heat, warm the cooking fat. Add the chicken thighs [top down first for a better presentation] and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the chicken over and continue cooking for an additional 3 minutes.
Step 3: Add garlic, broth… and bake!
Evenly add the cloves of garlic to the skillet and arrange the chicken. You want the cloves to be underneath and on top of chicken. Pour the bone broth over the chicken and garlic.
Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes followed by a broil for 5 minutes to crisp up the chicken thighs.
Other Weeknight Recipes WJ Readers Are Loving:
- Weeknight Herb Salmon
- Chinese Style Orange Chicken
- Simple [10 minute] Skillet Chicken Thighs
- Super Simple Beef and Broccoli
Weeknight 40 Clove Chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon fat ghee/butter, EVOO, or coconut oil
- 1-2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon back pepper
- 40 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup chicken bone broth
- Herb of your choice such as thyme, rosemary, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using a paper towel, pat chicken dry. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken thighs.
- In an oven safe skillet, warm fat over a medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs to the skillet. Brown both sides of chicken for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cloves of garlic to the skillet and move chicken around to evenly disperse cloves. You want the cloves to be underneath and on top of chicken. Pour the bone broth over the chicken and garlic.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and continue cooking for 15 minutes followed by a broil for 5 minutes to crisp up the chicken thighs.
- Substitute chicken stock for bone broth, if needed
- 40 cloves is about 2 bulbs of garlic, give or take
- This recipe meal preps very well