I would be lying if I told you this was my creation. Pan-fried radishes have been on my radar for years and with this perfectly easy weeknight side, they’ll be on yours too.
My Mom has been on a Keto kick. She was an Atkins gal so when being in constant ketosis became cool again, she was all hands on deck. I am a potato gal. I don’t discriminate against carbs when they come in the form of God’s green earth! However, the rule of life is do unto others as you would have them do unto you, right? As much as my heart hurts when I hear that my beloved vegetable item is made of too many carbohydrates, my mind tinkers in how I can please everyone.
I give you… Pan-fried Radishes!
They’re potato like in the skillet, in the bite, and totally in the taste. I know, weird.
Radishes have the ability to fool a crowd, I know it! If you want to really elevate this dish, fry a few slices of high quality bacon (because duh, bacon) and use the drippings as your oil. Then, when you’re all finished, crumble that bacon and sprinkle on top before serving. Now that, will not only fool a crowd but it will make a party smile!
Who doesn’t smile when there’s bacon!? I hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons ghee or bacon fat
- 1 bundle of radishes, with stems and leafy greens attached
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Remove radishes from stem and wash throughly removing all dirt. Cut radishes into bite size cubes and set aside.
- Warm a skillet with oil and sauté onions and garlic to the point of breaking the raw edge. Add radishes and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking until radishes are fork tender, about 10 minutes.