Can we please praise all that is holy on this glorious Friday!? Thank you, LORD, for bringing us to another ending week.
Strep throat, head crud that I picked up from the urgent care when attempting to treat strep, and $130 spent to ease it all. It’s been fun but let’s move this along. Keeping it short and sweet this week with a delicious shrimp recipe we have been enjoying.
I am either all in for shrimp, or I am out. It’s my least favorite non meat option and if I can avoid it, I usually do. These boats are the total exception though! Easily made in 10 minutes, I popped home for lunch last week and returned to work so happy.
If you have a cast iron, these babies will char up nicely with the parsley and garlic. If not, don’t sweat it! Finish them with the lemon sauce below or just a squeeze of fresh lemon and zest for an added spunk.
I hope you have the best weekend ever! We are celebrating the marriage of our very best power couple, Jon and Michelle. These two are the poddiest peas ever and we’re so excited to stand beside them as they embark on the most exciting life adventure!
Marriage is just so much fun. Like, so much fun.
Garlic Parsley Shrimp Lettuce Boats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bibb lettuce leaves
Creamy Citrus Sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Rinse shrimp under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Place shrimp into a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix to coat all of the shrimp.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Add seasoned shrimp to the skillet in an even layer and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the shrimp and finish cooking until opaque in color. Remove shrimp from the heat.
- Divide and place shrimp evenly into 4 lettuce boats
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Drizzle sauce onto the shrimp lettuce boats.