Can we please praise all that is holy on this glorious Friday!? Thank you, LORD, for bringing us to another ending week.
Strep throat, head crud that I picked up from the urgent care when attempting to treat strep, and $130 spent to ease it all. It’s been fun but let’s move this along. Keeping it short and sweet this week with a fun shrimp recipe I have been enjoying.
I am either all in for shrimp, or I am out. It’s my least favorite non meat option and if I can avoid it, I usually do. These boats are the total exception though! Easily made in 10 minutes, I popped home for lunch last week and returned to work so happy.
If you have a cast iron, these babies will char up nicely with the parsley and garlic. If not, don’t sweat it! Finish them with the lemon sauce below or just a squeeze of fresh lemon and zest for an added spunk.
I hope you have the best weekend ever! We are celebrating the marriage of our very best power couple, Jon and Michelle. These two are the poddiest peas ever and we’re so excited to stand beside them as they embark on the most exciting life adventure!
Marriage is just so much fun. Like, so much fun.
Garlic Parsley Shrimp Lettuce Boats
Serves: 2 | (4), 4 ounce boats
Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- Rinse 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp under cold water. Pat dry with a paper towel and place shrimp into a large bowl.
- Add the garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Toss to coat shrimp.
- Heat a large skillet, preferably cast iron, on medium high heat. Once hot, add in olive oil. Spread the shrimp in an even layer.
- Cook the shrimp 2 to 3 minutes before turning them over. Turn shrimp and continue cooking until opaque.
- Optional– In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo and lemon juice. Set aside.
- To serve, place the shrimp into a lettuce cup and drizzle with lemon sauce, if desired.