Can we please get saucy?
I mean, let get super saucy with this enchilada sauce! This sauce has completely rescued us in our Mexican food desires. I feel as if I can honestly count on one hand (and a half) as to how many time I have ordered something other than Ceviche or fajitas as my meal at a Mexican restaurant in the last year and a half. However, one of those treats was when I saw Enchiladas Al Carbon on the menu. I must have overlooked this gem my entire life because when I came across this on the 7 Leguas menu, I squealed. I just thought it was the most genius creation ever. It is chicken tacos AND enchiladas! MIND BLOWN. Of course now I realize it is on every Tex-Mex menu around but hey, it made me really happy.
This sauce is perfect for my Enchilada’s Al Carbon, on chicken, with eggs, or mixed with ground beef for a taco salad. The sky is the limit!
I hope you enjoy!
Time: About 5 minutes
1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup of Almond Meal/ Flour
2 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Cumin
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1 and 1/4 Cup of Chicken Stock
- Combine all dry seasonings together in a small bowl, excluding the almond meal.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small to medium saucepan on low to medium heat. Once heated, add the almond meal and whisk together.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and continue whisking.
- While whisking, slowly add the chicken broth and continue to whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Increase the heat and bring to a slow boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a mason jar.